PAI-LXXVI: Rare Posters
By Jack Rennert
Size 9 x 12 inches
Order this catalogue if you would like your catalogue
shipped to a location within the US.
$40 ($60 outside U.S.) All shipping included.
In the shadow of All Hallow’s Eve, treats galore are in store for our 76th Rare Poster Auction! This collection is one of the most historically significant we’ve ever had on offer, and the 475-lot catalogue will be an essential reference for collectors, aficionados and affichomaniacs alike.
This chronicle of our October 28 auction features:
• 50 important propaganda posters from World War I to the Cuban Revolution: lithographs by Flagg, Christy, Biró, and Rivadulla; Destroy this Mad Brute, Des Libérateurs (The Red Poster), and much more!
• 23 posters, rare books and unique items from Lissitzky, Gontcharova, Annenkov and others connected with the Russian avant-garde in Vitebsk, and the Russian émigré circle Paris in the ‘20s – coinciding with a major exhibition on works of the period at New York’s Jewish Museum.
• The greatest works of Toulouse-Lautrec: Moulin Rouge/La Goulue; the incredibly rare L’Anglais au Moulin Rouge; Le Jockey; La Dépêche/Les Drames de Toulouse; P. Sescau.
• All four text variants of A. M. Cassandre’s legendary, original 1935 Normandie poster – the first time we’ve ever had them all together!
• Breathtaking, original impressionist paintings by Chéret!
• Josephine Baker, by Colin – a magnificent Modernist maquette ca. 1925!
• Haring and Warhol: Montreux Jazz Festival; Act Up / Ignorance = Fear; and Warhol’s Blackglama!
• A 30-lot Alphonse Mucha extravaganza, including two Seasons sets, maquettes and more!
• Steinlen: Chat Noir; Motocycles Comiot; Cocorico and cats!