In keeping with the occasion, our 75th Rare Poster Auction Catalogue is a cornucopia of masterpieces. With full-color images of all 510 lots, and detailed information on condition, provenance, historical background and social context, it will be a treasure for you to browse, long after these posters have sold and departed from our gallery.
This chronicle of our June 26 auction features:
• Masterpieces: Cycles Gladiator, Peugeot, Frou-Frou, Loupot’s Phillippossian Automobiles, Vassilieff’s Bal Bullier, Orazi’s Loïe Fuller, and E. McKnight Kauffer’s London Underground!
• The world’s only known poster for Cassandre’s Dubonnet / Fratellini Bros.
• Art Deco extravaganza: over 100 of the finest examples we’ve ever displayed.
• Alphonse Mucha: 25 breathtaking works including Gismonda, La Trappistine, Dame aux Camélias, La Samaritaine, De Forest Phonofilm, Dawn & Dusk, Plume & Primevere, Heather & Sea Holly and more!
• A museum-worthy collection of Toulouse-Lautrecs: May Belfort, May Milton, Divan Japonais, La Revue Blanche, L’Artisan Moderne, Marcelle Lender, Aristide Bruant, and the rarest and finest print of the 1899 Jane Avril!
• Original Paul Colin drawings of Josephine Baker.
• General Dynamics / Atoms for Peace: Erik Nitsche’s 9 most famous designs.
• An epic blizzard of Winter Sports posters: the finest Nouveau and Deco.
• An absolutely smashing selection of Bike, Motorcycle, Auto, Aviation and Circus posters, plus Loïe Fuller, War / Humanitarian propaganda & Steinlen’s Cats!
…and much, much more!